You’ll get training and growth opportunities as part of the Gold Star team. You’ll enjoy a work environment that is both challenging and rewarding. The Average Years of Employee Service – is 16 years, we invest in you!
Our training and resources allow you to be your best and help you pursue your career objectives.
Gold Star Transportation’s strategy of forming teams to service groups of clients is a key to our success. Our teams are passionate about building relationships with their customers, partners, and peers.
Gold Star Transportation is an established provider of brokerage and 3PL logistics services to the shipping industry in North America. In our 31 year history, we have built our business based upon our unfailing dedication to our customers and an emphasis on developing long-term relationships. We are currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Third Party Logistics Coordinator.
Gold Star Transportation strives to be a recognized leader in the transportation industry, providing innovative and customized solutions.
This position is responsible for coordinating Logistics Management services and activities for client accounts including the following:
• Works directly with customer base to build rapport, solve problems, and enhance the customer experience
• Proactively manages the account to improve customer service, transit times and transportation costs
• Aggressively seek, develop and grow new customers which include both shippers and carriers
• Demonstrates a full understanding of the Load Management System (LMS)
• Enters orders for each load into our LMS and completes all load related paperwork;
• Dispatches carriers, provides pick-up and drop-off confirmations, assists in answering questions;
• Selects, negotiates and manages a network of carriers to meet the needs of the client and their customers. Initiates and applies new methods to reduce logistics costs and improve the process flow;
• Coordinates client's activity to include scheduling arrival dates and pick-up and delivery appointments;
Ideal candidates must possess an outgoing, dynamic personality along with strong attention to detail and an ability to work independently.
1. Strong customer relations ability/experience with analytical and technical skills.
2. Computer literate in Microsoft Office, basic knowledge and understanding of PC applications. Data entry skills and experience.
3. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills to meet deadlines.
Compensation & Benefits
Starting Salary: Base plus Performance Bonus
Individual Performance Bonus Program (highly competitive and achievable benchmarks)
Company Goal Incentive Program (excellent benefit)
Health and Dental Insurance
Overland Park, KS
Analyze & Design
Build & Implement
Manage & Improve